Create custom behaviors - directly from GDevelop editor
GDevelop allows you to create new behaviors, using the same events as the ones that you're using to create the rules of your game.
- Want enemies to automatically follow the player? Create a Follower behavior. 🏃♂️
- Want some rockets to target the player? Create a Missile behavior. 🚀
- Want enemies and the players to have health and take damage? Create a Health behavior. 💊
Behaviors can be created for any kind of object, and you can create custom actions and conditions associated to your new behavior.
An action is exposed by the behavior, and can be used like any other action in the events.
Read the documentation about custom behaviors.
Import new behaviors, created by the GDevelop community
Behaviors, as well as extensions, can be shared between projects. You can export and import them in a few clicks. If your behavior is generic and reusable in multiple games, you can even submit it to be integrated in the growing list of custom behaviors shared by the community.
- Create your game by assembling behaviors - perfect for fast prototyping
- Progressively create custom behaviors for objects in your game - ideal for large games and keeping simple events.
Learn how to install community extensions and learn more about extensions.