Professional and Game Studios
GDevelop is a lightweight game engine, carefully designed and open-source. The unique design of the editor has been explained during talks in international conferences.
- MIT license: extend and contribute to the engine source code
- Get game designers, artists and developers to work on the same environment
- Game projects are human readable and support version control systems like Git or Mercurial
Companies can provide commercial or free support for GDevelop:
Indie game developers
Accessible and easy to learn, GDevelop is ideal for indie game developers. You'll be able to quickly start a game and iterate by using events, behaviors and new extensions.
- Free to use: download GDevelop and start making a game today
- Integrated editors allowing to make game assets directly from GDevelop
- Super fast prototyping with open-source community extensions and behaviors
- Custom behaviors make your game logic reusable and shareable
Learn about GDevelop main features and how it's useful for game jams.
Education and game making
Teaching game creation or programming to kids or students? GDevelop has been used by dozens of schools, universities and bootcamp programs for all ages. Learn more about GDevelop for education.